Monday, January 2, 2012

I Made it Monday: Long Promised Dress


This dress was NOT a christmas present.  This dress was a birthday present for my sister's thirteenth birthday.  In July. 

I showed her the Valentine Dress design from Built By Wendy Dresses, (a really, really cool book-  try to find it at your library). We discussed a few alterations and color choice, and I finally got it done in time to give it to her.  On Christmas Eve 

Oh well,  right?  Also done that week were Aidan's birthday "mint chocolate Grinch cupcakes."  My hands hurt for two days after piping these.  These were for his family party, his friend party is coming up later this month.  


What's on your crafty horizon this new year?  I'll share my list later this week.

(linked at 733skiptomylou and MommybyDay)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

No, I think you should be proud of yourself that you got the dress done at all let alone the same year. I have a lot of projects to catch up on-that are taking longer then that!

I'll have to look up that book, it sounds cute. The dress turned out nice.

The cupcakes are cute!

balloongal said...

I have sooooo many things on my craft list to do. And Jeremy wants me to learn how to make bow ties for him because "bow ties are cool."